WFMS Employment Opportunities
The nationally accredited Walnut Farm Montessori School provides a Montessori education honoring community and individuality by promoting peace, and empowering children for life-long learning.
Our staff is committed to this vision and enables it to fruition.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions for the 2018-2019 School Year:
Aftercare Support Teacher
This teacher will work in conjunction with the Aftercare team to nurture and support children who stay at the school from 3:00-6:00 each day in accordance with the Walnut Farm Montessori School mission, the principles of Montessori educational philosophy and practices, the after care curriculum and the policies of Walnut Farm Montessori School.
- Experience working with young children
- Must be at least 18 years old and comply with the DHS requirements in the State of Arkansas
- Strong work ethic, a sense of humor and passion for respectfully supporting young child
The teacher will work in conjunction with the Head of School, the Curriculum Specialist and the Elementary teacher to educate grade first through sixth grade students in accordance with the Walnut Farm Montessori School mission, the principles of Montessori educational philosophy and practices, the curriculum, and the policies of Walnut Farm Montessori School. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare lessons in the designated subject areas in accordance with the curriculum of Walnut Farm Montessori, its mission, and Montessori philosophy
- Develop, review, and update curriculum and curriculum maps as needed in conjunction with the Elementary teaching team and Head of School
- Prepare annual goals and objectives for professional development
- When requested, be available during school hours and occasionally after school hours to advise parents
- Maintain a prepared environment in the classroom and instructional areas
- Maintain student records with regard to attendance and achievement
- Prepare reports for parents in accordance with the established school policies
- Prepare for and participate in regular parent-teacher conferences during the year
- Participate in regularly scheduled trips with students
- Attend and participate in various evening meetings, like community events and parent education meetings
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings
- Establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with students, parents, and other teachers and school personnel
- Comply with the established policies and procedures of Walnut Farm Montessori School as stated in the Faculty & Staff Handbook
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years teaching experience (Montessori preferred)
- Montessori Elementary I Credential and/or Elementary II Credential from an Accredited Montessori Training Program
- Strong work ethic, a sense of humor and a passion for working with Elementary aged children
Walnut Farm Montessori School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. In that spirit, WFMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristic.
Applications and resumes may be emailed to WFMS Head of School Heather Gray, at [email protected]