Let our staff answer your questions. Complete the form below, and we will get back with you.
The nationally accredited Walnut Farm Montessori School provides a Montessori education honoring community and individuality by promoting peace, and empowering children for life-long learning.
Our staff is committed to this vision and enables it to come to fruition.
Walnut Farm Montessori School is committed to the work of anti-bias and anti-racism. Applicants who are dedicated to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply.
We seek an enthusiastic professional with experience overseeing payroll and budget for a business. In this position, you will be responsible for the adherence to the budget and overseeing the daily cash flow of the school.
This job is for you if you:
- Have experience managing a budget and payroll for a business- Degree in Finance a plus
- Have experience with Microsoft Office with high level of experience working with Excel
- Can work with spreadsheets, analyze numbers, and do prospect research. You know that an accurate database is a friend you can’t live without.
- Are organized/ attention to detail- Find small details as engaging as big-picture strategy and analysis
- Have knowledge of taxes- for non-profits a plus
- Possess good communication skills- Able to clearly describe and assist others in understanding budget, and staff in understanding benefits, timesheets, taxes, etc.
- Have a cheerful disposition- enjoy engaging with people of all ages
- Love to collaborate, and you’re eager to work with dedicated colleagues to ensure the future of a school that is at once rare, inspired, and important.
- Are flexible- you can work independently, and you’re able to pitch in as needed…however needed.
- Want to be part of a dynamic community that not only teaches character, collaboration and kindness, but actually models these traits daily for the next generation.
Specific responsibilities of the job include:
- Oversee daily cashflow and support head of school in adherence to the budget
- Organize, produce, and maintain data in QuickBooks
- Balance and prepare monthly financial statements
- Track donations and work closely with Director of Development and Head of School to record and report incoming donations
- Oversee payroll, benefits and taxes with quarterly and annual payroll reports
- Ensure tuition intake through auto debits and full-pay
- Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the Head of School, and Finance Committee under Board of Trustees, supporting the annual budget and reporting financials monthly
The Spanish Language Specialist shall teach vocabulary and conversational Spanish in preschool and elementary environments, and provide instruction to toddlers through games, songs, and read aloud. Experience working at a Montessori school is a plus! This position is part-time, but could be full-time if applicant is willing to complete other duties.
Spanish teacher duties include:
- Coordinate curriculum implementation with education administrator and classroom teachers
- Maintain and submit a yearly inventory of materials to administration
- Maintain and develop monthly lesson plans and submit them to the head of school
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive scope and sequence for each level with learner outcome goals for each age
- Provide the classrooms with lesson plans and materials for children to use when not in a Spanish lesson
Pay is commiserated with experience
Applications and resumes may be emailed to WFMS Head of School, Lynette Goss at email@example.com, or you may fill out the form below to inquire.